MARCH 21, 2019 :
THE NEW TYCHOSIUM 3D HAS BEEN RELEASED! (free access – GNU licensed Open Source)
The Tychosium is the only existing interactive simulator that conforms to all empiric astronomical observations of our solar system’s bodies in relation to themselves – AND in relation to the stars. It is a joint effort by Simon Shack and Patrik Holmqvist, based on Tycho Brahe’s geoheliocentric model.
The Tychosium 3D program is a work in continuous progress and presently includes:
- adjustable system speed control
- full spatial 3D toggling control
- ability to set the date & time of day
- orbital tracing function for each planetary orbit
- most of our solar system’s main bodies (minus Uranus, Neptune and Pluto)
- Earth cam viewing option (experimental)
Future versions will be expanded upon soon. Enjoy!